Free attractions in Barcelona
Are you out of money but you don’t want to stay at home and watch a movie or play some boring game? Especially, that now summer is coming and sunny weather just encourages you to go out. Don’t worry, Erasmus Barcelona prepared special list for you, where you can find free attractions in Barcelona . So let’s start:
Free walking tour
This kind of trip become more and more popular and you can find a lot of different company, which offer a various type of free walking tour. It does not matter which you choose, all of them has one common rule: they are free. You just have to find timetable and the option, which is the most interesting for you. When the tour around the city is over, guide will ask you if you like it or no. When the answer is positive, you can give some tip but firstly, it is not obligatory and secondly it ups to individual preference how much it will be.
Fuente mágica de Montjuic
After some activities like free walking tour, is coming time to take a rest and try some calmer attraction. We want to present you Fuent Mágica de Montjuic. It is one of the most popular fountain in Barcelona. Why it is so famous? Not only because of the size and its position in the city center but mainly due to the spectacular show with music and lights. Everybody can come, sit at the Plaza de Carles Buigas and enjoy this wonderful spectacle. During the spring and summer, shows start at 9:00 PM until 11:00 PM every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Museums Sunday afternoons
You like to be close to culture and visit museums but you don’t have money to pay every time for entrance? Now it is not a problem, some of the museums in Barcelona are totally free in Saturday and Sunday. Just check the list:
- Castill de Montjuic- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM
- Museo Nacional de Arte de Cataluña- free entrance every Saturday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museo de Historia de Cataluña- free entrance first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museo de Historia de Barcelona- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museo Picasso- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Jardín Botánico de Barcelona- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museo de la Música de Barcelona-free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museo Blau de Barcelona- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
- Museu Marítim de Barcelona- free entrance every Sunday from 3:00 PM and first Sunday of every month- all day
Parque de la Ciutadella
And now some free attractions in Barcelona for nature lover. If you are tired of traffic and crowded places, want to spend some time in a nice, green surrounding, make a picnic or just take a rest, this places will be perfect for you! You don’t have to cross all the city to get there because Parque de la Ciutadella is just in the center of Barcelona.
If you are curious about work of one of the most famous architect- Antoni Gaudí, you should visit Parque Güell. Entrance to one part of the park is paid but second one is totally free so just make a walk and enjoy amazing architecture and breathtaking view over all Barcelona.
Chill out on the beach
For sure, we don’t have to repeat how lucky we are that we can be in the best city all over the World. Barcelona have everything what we can imagine so there of course cannot be missed the sea and beach! Sunbathing is allowable for everybody so it cannot be missed on our list of free attractions in Barcelona. These next to the center are more crowded but if you prefer relax in calm place you can also find something for yourself!