Vicky Cristina Barcelona film locations
Barcelona has always been a city of endless charms… however, since 2008, the madness over Catalonia’s Capital increased considerably. Blame it on Woody Allen and his Vicky/Cristina adventure! It may not be his best movie, but it’s one of his most refreshing and bohemian creations. Undoubtedly, it made the whole world fall (even more) in love with Barna.
We can easily recognize the most famous spots where some scenes took place (lika Sagrada Familia or Parc Guell…) but what about the rest? Those small squares, restaurants, coffee shops? Where are they?
In case you’re curious (or if you are a movie addicted that wants to sit in the same place where Scarlet Johansson did), here’s a guide to Vicky Cristina Barcelona film locations!
(We’re sorry we can’t guarantee that you’ll find hot painter like Javier Bardem or Penelope Cruz…)
– Els quatre gats Barcelona
Els Quatre Gats is one of the oldest spots in Barcelona: It opened on 1897 and operated as a hostel, a cabaret, a pub and a restaurant! This was also the place where young Picasso held his first exhibition. In the movie, this is the restaurant where Juan Antonio (Bardem) invites Vicky and Cristina for a crazy weekend in Oviedo.
Where? Carrer Montsió, 3, 08002 BarcelonaMetro Station: Urquinaona
– La Marsella Barcelona. After exploring the streets of Barcelona, Cristina and Juan Antonio end up in a bohemian bar full of poets, artists and musicians. This is La Marsella, one of the best places for absinthe in town! This bar has been in business since 1820, and it has also served celebreties like Hemingway. Drop by if your’e brave enought 😉
Where? Carrer de Sant Pau, 65, BarcelonaMetro Station: Liceu
– Hospital de Sant Pau Barcelona. After marrying Doug, Vicky meets Ben in spanish classes. The school is actually the beautiful Hospital de Sant Pau, located very near Sagrada Familia. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, now working as a museum and cultural center. If you’re coming to Barcelona, you must visit this amazing building!
Where? Carrer de Sant Quintí, 89, 08026 BarcelonaMetro Station: Sant Pau or Sagrada Familia
– Cafe Vienes in Hotel Casa Fuster Barcelona. Hotel Casa Fuster is one of the most emblematic hotels in Barcelona. In his luxury Cafe Vienes, Vicky (Rebecca Hall) and Judy (Patricia Clarkson) go to have a quick girl talk. Come by if you don’t mind spending a fortune in tea or cocktail.
Where? Paseo de Gracia, 132, 08008 BarcelonaMetro Station: Verdaguer or Diagonal
– Taller de Tapas. In this tapas restaurante, Vicky and Cristina discuss their experiences before going to the aeroport. Come by and enjoy some traditional tapas and regional specialities, always cooked with the best quality seasonal products. It is usually quite crowded, so don’t expect a fast and faultless service…
Where? Rambla Catalunya, 490, 8007 BarcelonaMetro Station: Passeigt de Gràcia